Abstract preparation guideline
- 1. An individual may submit more than one abstract in which he or she is indicated as the presenting author. To upload prepare one word file with all the abstracts written in the prescribed format, one after the other. Each abstract should be in a new page.
- 2. Potential conflicts with commercial interest involving any of the authors must be disclosed at the time of submission. (A commercial interest is defined as any entity developing, producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients.)
- 3. The submitting/presenting author of an abstract must NOT have a financial interest in the scientific content in the abstract. If a conflict of interest exists, the abstract must be submitted and presented by a co-author with no relevant financial relationship or any commercial interest.
- 4. All presenters, including poster presenters, are required to register and attend the meeting
- 5. The submitting author will receive all notifications and communications related to the accepted abstract(s), and is responsible for informing all co-authors of acceptance.
- 6. First Author: The submitting author is automatically designated as the presenting author.
- 7. Abstract Limit: There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts you may submit, provided that each abstract represents distinct research.
- 8. Authors: Please enter all authors in the order they should appear under the heading of the abstract and enter institutional affiliations for each author. If submitting more than one abstract, please write author name and affiliations separately for each abstract, under its title. You will be asked to complete Conflict of Interest Disclosure information for all authors.
- 9. Title and Body: The title should be entered in sentence-style capitalization. For example, ‘Active learning improves comprehension in large section immunology course at Western University.’ Do not put your title in quotation marks or use all uppercase letters.
- 10. Word Limit: There is a limit of 250 words for the text of your Abstract.
- 11. Topic Category: You will be asked to select the appropriate abstract topic category for your submission. Click here to see a listing of the categories.
- 12. Presentation Type: All accepted abstracts will be scheduled as posters. A separate screening committee will screen the accepted abstracts for oral presentations
- 13. Abstract Proof: Carefully check the proof of your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting display correctly in your proof. If you find errors, to make your corrections, return to the appropriate page by clicking on the corresponding circle tab across the top of the page.
NOTE: All abstracts will be printed and published as submitted by the author. IEC-VL is not responsible for and will not copy edit abstract submissions. Additionally, IEC-VL WILL NOT accept edits to the abstract for ANY REASON after August 31, 2018.
- 14. Completing your Submission: If you have not completed all required sections and details, you will be unable to submit your abstract.
- 15. IEC-VL reserves the right – at its sole discretion – to decline any abstract deemed inappropriate.
For abstract related queries, contact: